Detailed design and installation of prototype for river information services on the Sava River
The objective of the project is preparation of design and tender documentation for implementation of RIS on the Sava River. This project should serve as the basis for harmonized implementation of RIS on the Sava River, aligned with measures already been taken on the Danube River in Serbia and Croatia, and aligned with EU RIS Directives. Implementation of RIS on the Sava River aims to improve safety and efficiency of inland navigation, as well as to protect environment.
Specific activities of the project include:
- Evaluation of up to now implementation of RIS on the Danube and Sava rivers in Serbia and Croatia;
- Preparation of detailed design for RIS system, including possible phases of implementation with assessment of costs;
- Performing field survey for configuration of the proposed AIS base stations network;
- Harmonizing monitoring for the proposed system with at least three EU member countries, as well as with Serbia and Croatia (for Sava and Danube rivers);
- Assessment of costs for implementation of the proposed RIS system;
- Preparation of implementation plan for the proposed RIS system;
- Preparation of technical specifications for implementation of the proposed RIS system;
- Preparation of tender documentation for implementation of the proposed RIS system;
- Preparation of Environmental Impact Assessment for implementation of RIS on the Sava River.
The Directorate for Inland Waterways Plovput is a member of international consortium implementing this project.